Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I disgust myself

Have any of you ever mindlessly eaten something to the point that you felt like you were going to vomit??? Yesterday, while diligently working on lesson plans, I snacked on some Mini Smart Cakes - Cheddar Flavor, by Orville Redenbacher. Let me just say....they are FABULOUS. I probably ate between 3-4 suggested servings of the delicious little treats. When I finally realized what I had done, I was miserable. To the point that the thought of ever eating again made me sick. When I got home, I had to fix supper for the family and it was physically difficult for me to cook and smell the food. I ended up sampling the chicken and the noodles, but I definitely did not eat a normal meal or even feel like eating. After supper we headed to Wal-mart. I was still miserable. Luckily, pushing the cart and walking around that huge store helped make me feel better. Plus, I picked up a carton of gorgeous strawberries and they tasted delicious. I can't wait for break time!



Lesson Learned....measure out your servings before you start snacking and STOP eating when you are full. Just because something tastes good does not mean that you have to eat the entire bag!!!!



By the way....one serving of the Mini Cakes is 10 cakes. That is 70 calories, 2.5 grams of fat, and 1 gram of fiber. That equals out to 1.5 WW points...for those who are counting.




Here is a review of the product.

http://www.iateapie.net/reviews/archives/2008/04/orville_redenb.php

0 comments: