Friday, April 18, 2008

This Diet is making me PHAT

I have religiously worked out at the gym or at home or both for the last 7 days. I typically do some high intensity cardio, followed up with some weight training. I have attended a PiYo class for the first time in my life and I loved it. I have also started to incorporate jogging into my cardio routine and actually ran for an entire half mile without collapsing on the ground and calling 911. I have made a conscience effort to eat healthier this entire week...drastically increasing my fruits and vegetables...along with trying to eat lower carbs and less fat. I was feeling really proud of my efforts...that was until I stepped on the scales this week and saw a GAIN of half a pound. What the F#*(#*$&@(()! Seriously....I gained weight???? How is that possible????

I was disgusted and completely threw in the towel on Thursday. I won't gross you out with my disgusting food choices, but let's just say that Starbucks, Taco Bell and fried chicken were all in the mix.

This morning (Friday) I was a good girl and hopped outta bed at 5:00 a.m. and did my workout from home. Cardio and Strength Training! I also ate a healthy breakfast and have made conscience choices about my food today. I won't let this half a pound get me down. However, I am going to worry less about my food choices and just concentrate on toning and shaping my body. Don't get me wrong...I am not going to start eating Dairy Queen Blizzards for breakfast, but I am going to be less structured with my calories and more concerned about how I burn them off.

0 comments: